Peak Design Aluminum Travel Tripod Overview
Photographers looking for a beautifully designed tripod with a great strength to size and weight ratio will appreciate the Aluminum Travel Tripod from Peak Design. Architecturally inspired, and weighing only 3.4 lb, this innovative tripod reduces folded volume thanks to legs that store closer together than traditional tripods. When folded, the tripod is roughly as thick as a water bottle. Boasting impressive specs, the tripod height adjusts from 5.5 to 60″, folds down to only 15.5″, holds up to 20 lb, and is constructed from aluminum. For fast deployment, the five-section aluminum leg cams can be released at the same time. Ground-level shots are quickly captured by simply reversing the center column.
Epitomizing the expression less is more, is an impressive ergonomic ball head that replaces cumbersome knobs and levers with space-saving locking and adjustment rings. The rings facilitate omnidirectional movements that are locked in place with a simple twist. Crowning the ball head is a quick release system compatible with Peak Design standard plates, and most Arca-type plates. Arca-type L-brackets can be attached by removing the safety pin inside the clamp. Under the center column is a hook for attaching a stabilizing weight.
Included with the tripod are a handsome fabric storage case, a mobile mount, 2.5 and 4mm hex wrenches, and a bushing removal tool.
- Holds DSRL/mirrorless cameras weighing up to 20 lb
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Folds down to 15.5″, and weighs only 3.4 lb
- Aluminum leg cams can be released at the same time
- Reversible center column
- Weight hook under center column
- Ergonomic ball head with adjustment and locking rings
- Included soft case, mobile mount, hex wrenches, and bushing removal tool
In the Box
- Peak Design Aluminum Travel Tripod
- Soft Case
- Standard Plate
- Mobile Mount
- 4mm Hex Wrench
- 2.5mm Hex Wrench
- Bushing Removal Tool
- Limited Lifetime Warranty