Combining a true condenser capsule and ultralow-noise circuitry, the Rode NT1-A large-diaphragm studio microphone offers a warm, clear, and quiet sonic signature that makes it popular for voice and instrument capture at home or in the studio. Plus, its bundle of accessories—shockmount, pop filter, XLR cable, and dust cover—help the NT1-A serve vocalists, rappers, and podcasters especially well.
With low noise being a top priority of the NT1-A, its 1″ gold-sputtered capsule is internally shock-mounted to further isolate it from handling and vibration noise. Additionally, the mic’s cardioid polar pattern naturally rejects a good deal of sound behind it, which yields less background noise and room sound than other patterns such as omnidirectional and figure-8. Since it can run on 24 or 48 VDC phantom power, the NT1-A can be used with a variety of professional and entry-level XLR mic preamps.
- B&H is proud to be partnering with Audio Test Kitchen, the world’s most comprehensive online audio product comparison platform, to improve the resources provided to our customers shopping for the right microphone for their given application.
- This provides you with the ability to listen to a growing selection of microphones with spoken word recordings captured in a standardized environment, with levels matched by the talented engineers at Audio Test Kitchen in its impressive reference studio.
- Audio Test Kitchen records microphones under identical conditions so you can compare them, apples-to-apples. The source, signal chain, and level never change. The only differences you will hear are between the microphones.
- True condenser (externally biased)
- Large 1″ capsule with gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces background noise
- Self-noise of only 5 dBA
- Ultralow-noise, transformerless, surface-mount circuitry
- Wide dynamic range
- Gold-plated XLR output contacts ensure optimal signal transfer
- Internally shock-mounted capsule
- Includes SM6 shockmount, pop filter, and dust cover