The Rode VideoMic Pro Plus is a supercardioid condenser shotgun microphone with an integrated Rycote Lyre shockmount, an included rechargeable battery, an improved response over its predecessor (20 Hz to 20 kHz), and improved RF-immunity as well. The microphone can be used to capture audio for camcorders, DSLR, and portable recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.
The VideoMic Pro Plus sports a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack termination, outputs a dual-mono signal, and provides a TRS cable to make the connection. A micro-USB cable is also supplied, which can be used to draw bus-power. The microphone’s supercardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimized, and that your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera. Its inherent low-noise circuitry ensures you will not pick up any sound from the microphone’s robust innards. The microphone boasts +20 dB settings for DSLR cameras, a flat setting for high-quality preamps, and a -10 dB pad.
To power the VideoMic Pro Plus, you can use the included rechargeable LB-1 lithium-ion battery, which lasts 100 hours on a single charge, two AA batteries, or the micro-USB cable. This microphone features an auto-powering feature which keeps you from draining battery when the camera is not in use. When connected to your camera, the VideoMic Pro Plus detects plug-in power from the audio input on compatible cameras, and this signals the microphone to switch on. When the mic detects a loss in power, either from powering off or disconnecting the camera, the mic shuts off.
- Key Features:
- Automatic power function with plug-in power
- Power via LB-1, 2 x AA batteries, or micro-USB
- Ships with LB-1 lithium-ion rechargeable battery, detachable 3.5mm TRS cable
- Built-in battery door
- LED indicator for power source and charging/discharging status
- Micro-USB port for charging removable LB-1 battery
- Digital switching
- Audio level adjustment
- Dual high-pass filter options
- High-frequency boost
- Dual mono unbalanced output
- Safety channel option on right channel
- Ambient light detect to boost LED brightness
- Low-noise circuitry
- Improved RF immunity
- Rycote Lyre shock-mounting on-board