Features for Nikon Z50 Body Camera
20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processor
The DX-format 20.9MP CMOS sensor is paired with the EXPEED 6 image processor to provide a versatile mixture of high sensitivity, nuanced image quality, and fast overall performance. At native values, a sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200 permits working in a broad array of lighting conditions, and can be further expanded up to ISO 204800 for extreme low-light conditions. The mixture of resolution and sensor size also contributes to clean image quality and smooth color transitions with reduced noise throughout the sensitivity range. In addition to benefitting image quality, the EXPEED 6 processor also affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including a top full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 11 fps as well as 30 fps shooting at 8MP.
Besides imaging, the sensor’s design also incorporates a 209-point hybrid autofocus system, which uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods to quickly and accurately acquire focus for both stills and video applications. This focusing system also supports Eye Detection AF, which uses facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects’ eyes.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Capable of recording more than just stills, the Z50 supports UHD 4K video recording at up to 30 fps and Full HD recording at up to 120 fps, for slow-motion effects, along with the ability to save movie files to the in-camera memory cards or to an optional external recorder via HDMI out. In-camera time-lapse shooting is also possible with the ability to produce a finished UHD 4K video file directly from the camera.
Body Design and Connectivity
- A large 3.2″ 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a 180° flip-under tilting design, which benefits front-facing selfie captures, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a 1.02x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image.
- Single SD memory card slots supports up to the UHS-I protocol for quickly storing photo and video files.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL25 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 300 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported when using the optional EH-73P charging AC adapter.
Other Camera Features
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine several exposures into one frame for creative effects.
- Special Effects Modes: Night Vision; Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- Creative Picture Controls: Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, and Carbon.
- In-Camera Image Editing: Distortion Control, D-Lighting, Image Overlay, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-eye Correction, Resize, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, Trim, and Trim Movie.
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 12-28mm f/3.5-5.6 PZ VR Lens
Power Zoom for Content Creators
An essential lens for content creators, vloggers, and live streamers, the NIKKOR Z DX 12-28mm f/3.5-5.6 PZ VR, from Nikon, is a versatile ultra-wide zoom featuring a compact design, consistent Power Zoom control, and a flexible focal length range.
Versatile Ultra-Wide Zoom
Perfect for single-person productions, day-in-the-life vlogs, and other styles of vlogging and content creation, this ultra-wide zoom has a highly useful and versatile focal length range that helps keep you in the frame while also showing your surroundings.
- The 12mm end of the zoom range is ideal for gaining immersive and broad field views as well as for recording yourself within the scene from arm’s length.
- The 28mm end, while still wide, lets you punch into the scene for a more selective view while still retaining context of the scene.
- Built for use on APS-C/DX-format cameras, this lens has an 18-42mm equivalent focal length range.
- Extra-low dispersion and aspherical elements contribute to high sharpness and well-controlled distortion throughout the zoom range.
Power Zoom and Handling
The first Power Zoom lens for Nikon Z mirrorless cameras, this lens uses an internal linear motor to change between focal lengths, rather than a conventional ring or mechanical method of adjusting the zoom.
- Power Zoom can be controlled using the dedicated ring on the body or via the magnification buttons on select Nikon Z cameras. Additionally, Power Zoom can also be controlled via the optional ML-L7 Bluetooth Remote, from the SnapBridge app, or when using NX Tether Software and the optional MC-N10 Remote Grip.
- Compared to mechanical zooming methods, Power Zoom offers consistent and repeatable zooming speeds, along with silent and highly precise results, for continuity between takes.
- Choose between 11 different Power Zoom speeds to suit your subject and shooting style needs.
Vibration Reduction and Autofocus
- Benefitting handheld use for both photo and video shoots, 4.5 stop-effective Vibration Reduction helps to reduce the effects of camera shake when working in low light and steady takes recorded while walking.
- Stepping AF motor delivers smooth and silent focusing performance to benefit both photo and video applications.
- Minimum focusing distance of 7.5″ suits working with close-up subjects and delivering a unique point of view when combined with the ultra-wide focal length range.
- Internal focus and zoom design, coupled with a compact and lightweight profile, makes this lens an ideal choice when working from a gimbal.
- Lens also features a dust- and drip-resistant design to protect against moisture and other elements.